A Thanksgiving Meal Your Body Will Thank You For
Thanksgiving is the perfect time to gorge on all your fall favorites simultaneously – with gratitude, of course! From warm buttered biscuits, to sage-infused gravy drizzled over turkey, and sweet, delectable pumpkin pie, what is there not to love? While these foods sure are packed with endorphin-raising tastiness, they often don’t leave you feeling your best afterwards. This is especially true for individuals who have food sensitivities and blood sugar regulation issues.
So, we’ve put together a “This for That” list of healthier swaps for your Thanksgiving feast that don’t sacrifice taste – or your health!
- Rosemary Roasted Turkey
- Orange Glazed Ham
- Sub Turkey for Salmon Roasted in Butter/Ghee/Olive Oil
- Vegan Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Traditional Stuffing for Wild Rice/Quinoa Stuffing, Grain Free Stuffing, Cauliflower Stuffing, or Cornbread Stuffing
- Mashed Potatoes for Mashed Sweet Potatoes or Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Mash or Mashed Butternut Squash
- Canned Cranberry Sauce for Naturally Sweetened Cranberry Sauce
- Traditional Green Bean Casserole for a Whole30 Green Bean Casserole
- Candied Sweet Potatoes for Paleo Candied Sweet Potatoes or Honeynut Squash with Tahini
- Traditional Sweet Potato Casserole for Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
- Traditional Gravy for Paleo Gravy or this Vegan Gravy
- Candied Carrots for Honey Glazed CarrotsVegan Butternut Squash Soup
Incorporating a salad is an easy way to sneak in more vegetables!
- Persimmon Salad with Ginger Citrus Dressing
- Sweet Potato Kale Salad
- Brussel Sprouts Kale Apple Salad
- Butternut Squash Quinoa Cranberry Salad
- Fall Roasted Veggies
- Pillsbury Biscuits for Paleo BiscuitsOlive, Carmelized Onion Herb Dropped Biscuits, or Gluten free buttermilk biscuits
Healthier dessert options such as:
- Gluten Free Apple Tart, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Tarts, or Chocolate Pumpkin Cashew Cheesecake
- Cool Whip for Coconut Whipped Cream
- Ginger or Peppermint Tea to help with digestion after a big meal
You can find these recipes and more on our Thanksgiving Pinterest Board!