Functional Holistic Nutritionist
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition
Applied Functional Medicine Certification
Founder, Food With Thought Nutrition
Gut Guide & Mama-Baby Team
Hi! I’m Amy, a Functional Holistic Nutritionist that uses food and lifestyle changes to help you fix your gut so you can thrive without digestive distress.
I used to work as an outpatient therapist treating clients with mental health issues and trauma histories, but life events landed me here, as a functional holistic nutritionist.
When I’m not geeking out with nutrition and functional medicine stuff, I love experimenting with new recipes, gardening, traveling and hiking with my family, and taking my office manager/pet macaw, Marigold, for walks.
- School of Applied Functional Medicine, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3/AFMC Certification, Incubator Program, Platinum Inner Circle Mentorship Group
- Hawthorn University, MSHN, Holistic Nutrition, Summa cum laude
- Clinical Mentorship (Naturopathic & Functional Medicine Approaches to Gastrointestinal Disorders level 1, in process) with Dr. Jason Hawrelak, Probiotic Advisor
- Clinical Mentorship with Dr. Liz Lipski
- Ongoing coursework in topics such as digestive health, parasites, heavy metals and detox, hormones, metabolic function, functional lab testing, hair testing and mineral balance, genetics, etc.
- Collin County Community College, Certificates in Culinary & Pastry Arts
- Columbia University School of Social Work, MSSW, Heath, Mental Health, and Disabilities in Clinical Practice
- Tufts University, BA, Clinical Psychology, Magna cum laude
Affiliations, Certifications, & Other Professional Activities
- Certified Healthy Gut Practitioner (in process)
- School of Applied Functional Medicine (SAFM), Clinical Education Team
- Phoebe Prenatal & Postpartum Support, Nutrition Expert
- Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition (BCHN)
- Applied Functional Medicine Certification (AFMC)
- Certified Gluten-Free Practitioner (CGP)
- Certified Dietary Supplement Professional (CDSP)
- National Association of Nutrition Professionals (NANP), Professional Member
- Weston A. Price Foundation, Member
- Trauma-informed, airway-informed, mental health-informed
Click to learn more about the rest of the Functional Health Coaching Team.
Learn more about how functional medicine and holistic nutrition can change your life.